La Regalade

The Casual Date Place

It’s our one year anniversary and EJ treated me to a date at La Regalade. It is located along Pasay Road, near the entrance of Bel-Air, right across Kink Cakes.

We were graciously led by the guard to the restaurant. We had reservations for 7:30 pm but we were there quite early, around 6:30 pm. We were the only customers when we arrived. The ambiance was very cozy and classy. The interiors were of a white and beige shade and they had interesting lights that reminded me of the lights in Coffee bean.


EJ and I were then given a bread basket for appetizer. The bread was really good. I think I ate 2 baskets of bread all by myself! It was from a nearby bakery, Boulangerie and not from the restaurant itself.


We also ordered soup and salad. The soup we ordered was Soupe a l’oignon (Onion Soup). I recommend that you order this. It's a gratinated onion soup and it's smothered under a blanket of mozzarella cheese. This is a must try!

Soup a L’oignon Php 220

We had the Salad Regalade. It's a seafood and bacon salad. It was quite flavorful -- quite delicious and different. I loved that it used different kinds of vegetables as well.

Salad Regalade Php 485

For our main course, Ej ordered the Duck Leg Confit with Lyonnaise potatoes. It was okay , though a bit dry.

Duck Leg Confit Php 980

I had the Coq Au Vin. It came in a large pot with lots of sauce. I recommend that you order rice with this dish. It's good for two people. Honestly, though, I didn’t enjoy the main dishes as much as I enjoyed the starters.

Coq Au Vin Php 780

Service, thankfully, was great! EJ mentioned that that was the way waiters should be, not overly annoying but very attentive.


The place was a good date place since it provided an ambiance for great conversation and good food.

Great starters (soup & salad), disappointing main course, excellent ambience. For a relaxed, date-friendly atmostphere, La Regalade is a good way to go. Just choose better main dishes than what we ordered. :)

La Regalade
820 Arnaiz Avenue, Makati City 1226
Tel. No. 7502104 - 05
Mobile No. 0927 - 2319090

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin