Aubergine

Restaurant Patisserie

Aubergine_00014

It's the love month once again and I've been asked for suggestions for date places for this Valentine's Day. A lot of those asking for suggestions are those who just want to have a simple, elegant dinner in the Metropolis.

As a girl, who loves food and great ambiance, I would highly recommend Aubergine! It's actually one of our favorite restaurants so I was pretty surprised that not a lot of people know about this place.

I have eaten there twice and it was just recently that I realized that the place is actually a training ground for students of the International School of Culinary Arts and Hotel Management (ISCAHM). The first time that I was treated to this place, by my husband (he was a suitor trying to impress back then), I was actually "wow-ed" by the place. Everything was delicious!

For starters, we had Pan Seared Duck Foie Gras. For those who love Foie Gras, you have to try this! It was very tasteful and rich -- firm outside and tender inside.


Aubergine_00006

I ordered the French Duck Confit for my first visit. It came with creamed brussels sprouts and marble potatoes. The duck was not dry and cooked just right. The meat was very tender.

On my next visit, I ordered Honey Glazed French Duck Breast. I loved this one! It was served with what they call Curacao sauce, which was sweet and strong (and delicious!). The dish was served with potato gnocchi on cranberry.


Aubergine_00007

My husband ordered the Red Wine Braised Australian Lamb shank which was served on garlic and dried tomato, risoni pasta with vegetables. It was okay but he also liked the Honey Glazed French Duck Breast better. Although, I think both were exemplary and it's just a matter of if you're a lamb or a duck lover!


Aubergine_00008

For the health conscious individual, we recommend the Aubergine Surf and Turf. This dish is a mixture of grilled lobster tail and roasted Australian Mulwarra beef tenderloin with sauteed mushrooms and seared duck foie gras, Bearnaise sauce (an egg yolk, a shallot, a little tarragnon vinegar - which takes years to perfect!) and Madeira jus, rosemary, potato grain and assorted vegetables.


Aubergine_00011

Since we ate there for my sister's birthday, they surprised her with a song and a cake. The cake was a basic chocolate cake but the chocolate was to die for. The song, on the other hand, hmm... not so much. ;-)

Aubergine_00012

We ended the evening with a nice little dessert sampler. Two macaroons and a chocolate heart. It was, as with every order, rich & delicious. More importantly, it was free. ;-)

Aubergine_00013

If you're looking for a place to take your significant other to, or just a place for a special treat for your family, you can't go wrong with Aubergine.

Contact details:
32nd and 5th Building
5th Avenue cor. 32nd Street
Fort Bonifacio 1634 Taguig, Philippines
(Parking is at the back)
For reservations, call (63) 02 - 85698888

To get there, use this clickable, zoomable, draggable google map:


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin